Jackson Truck Accident Attorneys
Upholding the rights of the injured throughout West Tennessee after a collision with a commercial vehicle
Tractor-trailers, big rigs, 18-wheelers, or semis – no matter what you call them, these are big, dangerous commercial trucks. A collision with one of these monsters can leave you with permanent, even life-threatening injuries. At Bailey & Greer, PLLC, our experienced Jackson truck accident attorneys help families who have sustained losses or suffered catastrophic injuries after a crash with a commercial vehicle. These are highly specialized cases where liability is not always as easy to determine as it might seem. Our team has the resources, the skill, and the experience to help you and your family when you need it the most.
Common causes of truck accidents
From delivery trucks to tractor-trailers to every other kind of commercial vehicle there is, a crash means literally tons of weight slamming into you with varying degrees of force. Our Jackson truck accident lawyers represent clients who have sustained injuries because of many different things, including:
- Distracted truck drivers. A distracted driver is a danger to everyone on the road. When that driver is behind the wheel of a big-rig, the chances of him or her seriously injuring another driver increase substantially.
- Drunk drivers and drugged drivers. It is illegal to drive a commercial truck with a BAC over .04. It is not illegal however, to take a prescription medication and then drive, even if that medication has known side effects like drowsiness. Truck drivers who drive drunk, under the influence of drugs (legal or illegal), or under the influence of over-the-counter “uppers” like caffeine pills should be held accountable for their actions when they cause a truck accident.
- Fatigued drivers. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has regulations in place for how long a driver can be behind the wheel. If that truck driver disregards the Hours of Service (HOS) regulations or is encouraged or coerced to drive longer than allowed because of less scrupulous supervisors, our firm will document the evidence of that behavior to make your claim for compensation stronger.
- Defective truck parts. Faulty brakes and gear shifters cause several commercial truck accidents in Tennessee each year. If the part itself is poorly designed or defective, we may be able to hold the manufacturer accountable. If the part is worn out – like a tire with too many miles on it – and it would have been discovered by a more experienced driver or through proper maintenance, we may be able to hold the trucking company responsible for your injuries as well.
- Multi-vehicle collisions. An accident involving multiple cars may be caused by any number of things. Maybe a truck jackknifes, swerves, or blows a tire. Maybe a driver behaves in a negligent manner. Whatever the cause might be, even if you were not hit by the truck itself but sustained an injury as a result of another car hitting yours, the driver of the truck may be liable for any personal injuries or damage to your vehicle.
- Reckless behaviors. Speeding and tailgating may be the most obvious reckless driving behaviors, but they are not the only ones. Drivers who fail to signal their change in lanes are acting recklessly. Drivers who go the wrong way on an exit or entrance ramp are also acting recklessly. Basically, any driver who engages in risky behavior can cause catastrophic truck accidents, and these accidents can lead to serious injuries.
Common injuries from truck accidents
Here are a few examples of some of the most common truck accident injuries:
How might a Jackson truck accident lawyer help my case?
A truck accident case is far more complicated than a typical car accident case because a truck is a commercial entity. You may end up naming the truck driver, their employer, an equipment manufacturer, or a maintenance vendor as defendants in your lawsuit. You need a legal team with experience to represent you throughout the legal process.
Our skilled truck accident attorneys thoroughly investigate the crash and hold the negligent party accountable for your injuries and losses. When you need strong advocacy to fight for what is due to you, we are at your service.
If you are hurt in a truck accident in West Tennessee, and you do not know where to turn, you can trust Bailey & Greer, PLLC, to help you and your family. Our skilled team of Jackson truck accident attorneys routinely handles complex personal injury cases. Trust us to protect your rights.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our Jackson attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
|Personal Injury||Car Accidents||Truck Accident||Medical Malpractice|
|Birth Injury||Defective Drugs and Medical Devices||Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect|
Work with a Jackson truck accident attorney who knows how to build a winning case
Colliding with a commercial vehicle can leave you with serious injuries. Bailey & Greer, PLLC, can help you get the assistance you need to start on your path to recovery. To schedule a consultation with a dedicated Jackson truck accident lawyer today, please call 731-423-2789 or fill out our contact form. We proudly represent the injured throughout West Tennessee.
Jackson, Tennessee Office
2790-A N Highland Ave
Jackson, TN 38305