Jackson Personal Injury Attorneys
Trusted legal representation in the Memphis and West Tennessee area since 1986
When you become the victim of someone else's negligent behavior, our civil justice system provides a venue for you to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. Sustaining an injury that was no fault of your own can ruin your life. Between the pain and suffering, inability to work, the massive medical bills and keeping up with the rest of the responsibilities in your life, if not for the ability to recover compensation, an injury could devastate you financially and emotionally.
The skilled Jackson personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Greer, PLLC, have helped countless people recover from a life-altering injury. We fight for you when you have been injured in a car wreck, due to a medical mistake, or if a loved one has been neglected or abused in a nursing home.
What is personal injury law?
The National Safety Council reports that accidental injury is the third leading cause of death in the United States. An American is accidentally injured every second and killed every three minutes by a preventable event. Unintentional drug overdose has surpassed motor vehicle crashes as the number one cause of accidental death in America.
Personal injury law is a segment of the law concerned with the civil justice system and its remedies for those who have been injured because of the negligence or recklessness of another. In a personal injury case, justice is served in the form of financial compensation for the injuries and losses the injured person suffered at the hands of a negligent actor.
The burden of proof is on the injured person to prove that the defendant caused their injuries. If the plaintiff succeeds in proving their case, the jury will award them what they decide is fair compensation.
Free Case Evaluation
What types of cases do we handle?
The following are examples of the types of cases we handle on behalf of our clients:
- Auto Accidents – The major roadways that run through Jacksoninclude Interstate 40 which runs from Memphis to Nashville; U.S. Route 45 which runs north to Gibson County and south to Chester County; U.S. Route 412 which runs east from Lexington in Henderson County northwest to Dyersburg; and U.S. Route 70 or State Route 1 which runs east to west to Huntingdon and Brownsville. We work with clients who have been critically injured on all of them. Another common place for car accidents to occur is in intersections. Whether it is a local road intersecting with a county road or a busy, four-way intersection where two major roads come together, car crashes can happen when drivers are not paying attention, speeding, or driving drunk, drugged, or drowsy.
- Truck Accidents – When you have been injured in a wreck with a commercial semi-truck, you are likely to have serious injuries. A Jackson truck accident lawyer has the knowledge and experience to investigate the crash and fight for fair compensation for you.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional makes a preventable medical mistake that causes injuries and damages for a patient. Diagnostic errors, medication errors, surgical errors, and hospital-acquired infections are all examples of the kinds of medical mistakes that cause harm to patients.
- Birth Injury – When an otherwise healthy baby suffers a birth injury because of medical negligence, we help families obtain justice.
- Defective Drugs and Medical Devices – Whether it was a defective metal-on-metal hip replacement, IVC filter, or pace maker that caused your injury, our products liability attorneys fight for our clients’ right to recover compensation when a defective medical device causes them harm.
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect – Our elders and other vulnerable people need to feel safe and cared for, but they also have rights guaranteed by federal law. When a nursing home resident suffers injuries because of neglect, abuse, or exploitation, our Jackson nursing home neglect lawyers hold those responsible for your loved one’s injuries accountable for their actions or failure to act.
Local hospital safety grades
Do you know your local hospital's safety score? Non-profit health safety advocate Leapfrog publishes a Hospital Safety Grade twice each year in the spring and in the fall. You can visit their website, lookup the safety grade for your hospital, and learn about how well your hospital prevents infections and encourages handwashing, how much they value patient safety by supporting strong health care teams, and whether they have protocols in place for preventing errors. Here are the letter grades for the three main hospitals in the Jackson, Tennessee area. You can look up each facility to get the details that contributed to their safety grade:
Jackson-Madison County General Hospital - Safety Grade: C
This is a 642-bed tertiary care center located between Memphis and Nashville, and it serves about 400,000 residents in a 17-county area of rural West Tennessee.
Tennova Healthcare Dyersburg Regional Medical Center - Safety Grade: C
Tennova Healthcare - Dyersburg Regional is a 225-bed acute care facility that serves the healthcare needs of the citizens of Dyersburg and the surrounding communities.
Henry County Medical Center - Safety Grade: A
HCMC is a 142-bed hospital with an Emergency Medical Service, an off-site Wellness Center, and a home-health hospice service located in Paris, Tennessee.
What types of damages are available in an injury claim?
If you prevail in a personal injury claim, you may recover economic damages to compensate you for quantifiable, financial losses and non-economic damages for your intangible losses related to the accident or incident. Those specific damages include the following:
- Medical expenses—current and future medical care related to the accident injury
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Other losses
Is there a time limit to file an injury lawsuit in Tennessee?
In Tennessee, you have one year from the date of injury to file a personal injury claim, so it is vital that you hire a skilled personal injury attorney right away or else you could lose the right to pursue compensation.
What if I can’t afford to hire a lawyer after I have been injured?
If you have suffered a serious injury because of the negligence of another person, and you want to hire a Jackson personal injury attorney to represent you, there is no need to worry about attorney fees up front. At Bailey & Greer, we accept injury cases on contingency, so you do not pay attorney fees until we have recovered compensation for you.
Is your personal injury lawyer near me?
Bailey & Greer, PLLC are located in Jackson, Memphis and Nashville and represent people throughout Tennessee. Rest assured, however, that if you are critically injured and unable to come to us, we will travel to visit you in the hospital or rehabilitation center. We also offer virtual conferences and telephone consultations.
Schedule a consultation with a skilled Jackson personal injury lawyer today
At Bailey & Greer, PLLC, we have a long history of successful personal injury representation in Jackson, Memphis, Nashville, and throughout Tennessee. You are welcome to schedule a no-obligation consultation today by calling 731-423-2789 or filling out our contact form.