Additional Resources for Tennessee Personal Injury Clients
Use our resource listings to get the best personal injury information. Find peace of mind and success.
- Tennessee Breast Cancer Coalition The Tennessee Breast Cancer Coalition was founded to increase awareness of breast cancer issues to men and women in Tennessee.
- Tips for Talking to Your Doctor Tips for taking an active role in your health and for improving your relationship with your doctor.
- Coping with Cancer: National Cancer Institute Provides information to caregivers to help patients cope with cancer symptoms and side effects.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Resource for health and medical news, and information
- National Institutes of Health The National Institutes of Health (NIH), a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services External Web Site Policy, is the nation’s medical research agency—making important discoveries that improve health and save lives.
- Memphis Center for Independent Living The Memphis Center for Independent Living works so that people with disabilities in the Memphis area may live independently. They work with people who suffer from disabilities such as cerebral palsy, brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries by providing access to transportation, housing and employment opportunities.
- Tennessee Division of Special Education The Tennessee Department of Education, Division of Special Education’s purpose is to “promote educational services and programs for all Tennessee’s children with special education needs that will enable them to lead productive and independent lives.”
- Tennessee Early Intervention Tennessee’s Early Intervention System is a voluntary educational program for families with children from infancy through two years of age with disabilities or developmental delays.
- Tennessee Voices for Children Tennessee Voices for Children speaks out as active advocates for the emotional and behavioral well-being of children and their families.
- Tennessee Technology Access Program The Tennessee Technology Access Program (TTAP) is a statewide program designed to increase access to, and acquisition of, assistive technology devices and services.
- United Cerebral Palsy United Cerebral Palsy educates, advocates and provides support services to ensure a life without limits for people with a spectrum of disabilities. UCP works to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with disabilities through an affiliate network that has helped millions.
- Merck Manual Provides patients and caregivers important information about all medical problems, including birth injuries.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Dedicated to achieving the highest standards of excellence in motor vehicle and highway safety.
Nursing Home Abuse
- National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel serves as a voice for improved patient outcomes in pressure ulcer prevention, treatment, and education.
- National Consumer Voice for Quality Long-Term Care The Consumer Voice is the leading national voice representing consumers in issues related to long-term care, helping to ensure that consumers are empowered to advocate for themselves.
- Compare Tennessee Nursing Homes Medicare website that uses star rating system to compare all nursing homes receiving Medicare funding. Provides information on staffing, inspections and other quality related information.
- Nursing Home Abuse A website dedicated to preventing the causes and repairing the consequences of this terrible problem.
- The Free Dictionary An online website that provides comprehensive legal information about wrongful death suits.
- Home Safety Council The Home Safety Council is a nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing home injuries.
- Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility The Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility was created by the Tennessee Supreme Court to aid the Court in supervising the ethical conduct of attorneys. The board also publishes ethics opinions, puts on ethics seminars, and provides a consumer assistance program. Their website allows a consumer to research the disciplinary history of Tennessee attorneys and report unethical conduct.
- Legal Malpractice Definitions
Drugs and Medical Devices
- Pradaxa Patient Dead from Massive Brain Hemorrhage According to the report, “‘in the event of traumatic hemorrhage in patients receiving[Pradaxa] . . . there are currently no effective reversal agents to neutralize the drug.” Elderly patients who fall and sustain small, superficial areas of hemorrhage, may ultimately die due to the absence of an effective means to counteract the anticlotting properties of Pradaxa.
- 260 Deaths from Bleeding Related to Pradaxa Pradaxa, like other blood-thinning (anticlotting) drugs, cuts the rate of fatal or debilitating strokes, but comes with the risk of internal bleeding, which can also be deadly. Are the risks worth the benefits, and are there better alternatives? Manufacturer Boehringer is trying to replace warfarin, which is difficult to manage because it interacts with certain foods and requires frequent blood tests.
- Tennessee Supreme Court Official website for the Tennessee Supreme Court.
- Shelby County Probate Court Official website for Shelby County Probate Court.
- Shelby County General Session Court Official website for Shelby County General Sessions Court.
- Shelby County Circuit Court Official website for Shelby County Circuit Court.
- Shelby County Chancery Court Official website for Shelby County Chancery Court.
- Tennessee Access to Justice Tennessee Supreme Court website designed to assist people with civil legal issues who cannot afford an attorney. The website offers downloadable court forms, resources for representing yourself in court, information about common legal issues, and an interactive map with resources for each of Tennessee’s 95 counties.
- City of Memphis Official website for the City of Memphis, Tennessee.
- Shelby County Tennessee Official website for Shelby County Tennessee.
- State of Tennessee Official website for the State of Tennessee
- Take Justice Back Take Justice Back is about accountability. Powerful corporations have lobbied for years to avoid accountability by insulating themselves from civil justice when they hurt and injure people. The goal of this website is to educate, motivate and empower people to fight back against the corporate threat to American civil justice system.