Skilled Bike Accident Lawyers in Memphis and Jackson, TN
Helping cyclists injured because of another person’s negligence
There are some absolutely beautiful bike trails across the state of Tennessee – and some pretty grueling ones, too. But as more and more people turn to cycling as a fun form of exercise and a green form of transportation, the state’s already congested roads can become more hazardous, both for drivers and cyclists alike. If you are in a collision while on your bicycle, the chances are high that you will suffer serious injuries which could have long-lasting or even permanent effects on your life.
Bailey & Greer, PLLC is uniquely equipped to protect your rights and your family’s future after you or your loved one is seriously injured in a bike accidents. With law offices in Memphis and Jackson, we are always near to our clients in West Tennessee when they need us most. You can rely on our team of personal injury lawyers to put your interests first, and to help you reach your goals.
Common causes of bike accidents in Tennessee
Cyclists face a plethora of challenges even under the best riding conditions. A strong wind can make it hard to maintain the bike’s upright position in a bike lane; a foggy morning can make visibility nearly impossible. One of the leading dangers for cyclists is other motor vehicles, who often do not see – or do not pay attention to – bicycle riders until it is too late. Bailey & Greer represents Tennessee bike riders whose injuries were caused by:
- Inattentive drivers. A driver who ignores the rules of the road, speeds through intersections or texts while driving poses a unique danger to riders.
- Defective bike parts. In 2015, the Trek Bicycle Corporation recalled close to a million bikes because of a defective part which left one rider paralyzed and put all other riders at risk of serious injury or death. Our product liability attorneys help riders whose defective bikes caused them harm.
- Careless pedestrians. Pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks, but many people mistakenly believe they always have the right of way. A person who jaywalks puts him or herself at risk as well as bicycle riders.
- Poor roadways. Cyclists must keep their eyes on the road as well as on the cars around them. Broken pavement, older sewer drains and debris in the road poses dangers to riders.
- Poorly designed helmets. Tennessee requires riders to wear helmets, but a helmet failure can lead to a traumatic brain injury. We assist families whose loved one was hurt when a helmet failed to protect their loved ones.
- Defective child seats. Lots of families go for bike rides together. If your child was in a safety seat on the back of your bike and suffered injury in an accident, we can help.
Riding a bicycle can be a lot of fun, but even a seemingly minor accident can seriously injure the rider. A car crash at any speed may leave a rider paralyzed temporarily or permanently, could lead to permanent disfigurement or scarring, or could even lead to the tragic death of your loved one. If you, your child or your loved one was hurt in a bike crash along West Tennessee roads or highways, Bailey & Greer will fight aggressively on your behalf.
Help for injured bike riders in Memphis, Jackson and throughout West Tennessee
The after effects of a serious bike accident are frustrating and confusing; choosing the right lawyer to represent you and your family need not be. Bailey & Greer, PLLC offers hope to families after an accident has threatened to change their futures forever. To speak with a dedicated motor vehicle accident attorney about your case, please call 877.819.4414 or fill out this contact form. We maintain offices in both Memphis and Jackson for your convenience.