Little Rock Personal Injury Lawyers
Advocating for those injured because of someone else’s negligence throughout Arkansas
After a serious injury keeps you in the hospital and out of work, you will likely face serious financial challenges. The Little Rock personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Greer, PLLC, understand the anger and confusion that come with not being able to work, living with pain and disability, and the desire to get back to the life you had before you were hurt. Our skilled team of personal injury lawyers are here to fight aggressively for you wherever you are throughout central Arkansas. You are welcome to schedule a consultation to discuss your case. We are here to offer a satisfactory resolution to your case.
Examples of the types of injury cases we handle
At Bailey & Greer, we handle all types of injury cases which the resulted from someone else’s negligence, but we tend to focus on the following types of injury cases:
- Car Accidents. The Arkansas State Police reports that there were 447 fatal traffic accidents with 492 deaths in Arkansas in 2018. In the same year, Interstate highway 40, which connects Memphis, Tennessee, on through to Little Rock and then on to Oklahoma, had the highest number of traffic fatalities (24) in Arkansas. Car accidents are one of the leading causes of accidental injury for Americans. Our Little Rock car accident attorneys help those injured get justice.
- Truck Accidents. The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that there were 27 fatal large truck traffic crashes in Arkansas in 2017, which accounted for about 5% of the total number of traffic fatalities that year. Because of the massive size differential between a large, commercial truck and the average passenger vehicle, the chances that an occupant of the smaller vehicle will sustain serious injuries or death are great.
- Motorcycle Accidents. When caused by the driver of a larger motor vehicle, there can be catastrophic or deadly consequences for a motorcycle rider. Despite the often-prejudiced views insurance companies can have about motorcycle riders, our Little Rock motorcycle accident attorneys are here to fight for justice for the injured.
- Nursing Home Abuse/Neglect. There are few things more shameful than the willful abuse and neglect of an elderly nursing home resident. If your loved one has been injured in a nursing home, our skilled Little Rock nursing home abuse attorneys are here to protect their right to compensation for their injuries.
- Sexual Assault. If you were sexually assaulted and suffered injuries as a result, our Little Rock sexual assault attorneys are here to fight for justice for you in the form of compensation from the perpetrator or any other legally culpable parties. You can have a private, confidential consultation to discuss your case and get the answers you’re seeking.
- Medical Malpractice. If you or someone you care about has sustained serious injuries because of a preventable medical mistake at the hands of a medical professional, our experienced medical malpractice attorneys are here to fight for justice for you.
- Birth Injuries. Knowing that a newborn has suffered serious injuries which could affect the rest of their lives because of a medical mistake can fill parents with anger and frustration. Our compassionate Little Rock birth injury attorneys are here to seek justice on your child’s behalf.
- Product Liability. Manufacturers, retailers, and distributors owe a duty of care to their consumers. If you or your loved one sustained an injury from a defective product, or because a product did not contain any warnings about the risks associated with its use, you may be entitled to compensation. Bailey & Greer handles complex product liability claims stemming from:
- Dangerous Drugs. When prescription drug manufacturers place profits ahead of customer safety, they must be held accountable for the injuries their defective drugs cause.
- Defective Medical Devices. Whether it is a defective artificial hip implant, an implanted defibrillator, or an IVC filter, when medical devices are defective, they can cause serious injury or death. Our experienced Little Rock product liability attorneys protect the rights of injured clients.
- Defective Auto Parts. There have been a record-breaking number of recalls over the past few years for defective and dangerous auto parts. We can help if you sustained injuries in a crash related to a dangerous or recalled device.
- Wrongful Death. In the event of your loved one’s death, you may be entitled to compensation that can help you cover the associated expenses, as well as any future losses. We understand that no amount of money is going to make up for what you have lost, but it can help you protect your family and your home, and remove some of the financial stress which comes from an untimely death.
What is the legal time limit for filing an injury lawsuit in Arkansas?
The legal time limit for filing an injury lawsuit is called the statute of limitations, which is three years from the date of the injury. Arkansas has a “discovery” rule, which extends the time limit to three years after the date you discovered the injury that was related to the accident or incident.
What types of damages are available for a personal injury lawsuit?
To recover damages, or financial compensation in a personal injury claim, the injured party (the plaintiff) must first prove the negligence of the party who caused the injury (the defendant). If you have successfully proven the defendant’s liability, there are several types of damages to which you might be entitled depending on the facts of your case:
- Medical expenses (past, present and future) related to the injury
- Lost wages (past, present and future), including diminished earning capacity
- Disability for those who will not be able to return to any kind of work because of their injuries
- Property damage and losses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Funeral and burial costs (in wrongful death claims)
Unlike some states which place a cap on the amount of damages a plaintiff can recover in a personal injury claim, Arkansas does not have damages caps on the amount of non-economic damages an injured person can recover.
Little Rock local services
The following is a list of some of the local government services for Little Rock:
The Little Rock Fire Department boasts 22 fire stations which cover 122.31 square miles, and 400 employees protect more than 197,000 citizens.
Little Rock Fire Department
624 South Chester Street
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: (501) 918-3700
Little Rock Police Department
700 W Markham St
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
Pulaski County 2nd Division Circuit Court
Circuit: Sixth Judicial Circuit
Division: Division 2
Counties: Perry, Pulaski
401 W. Markham, Room 230
Little Rock, AR 72201
Phone: (501) 340-8424
How can a Little Rock personal injury attorney from Bailey & Greer help me?
If you find that it is time to hire a lawyer, if you have never done so before it can feel a bit intimidating. You need someone you can trust, who will represent you and fight for fair compensation for you. The Little Rock personal injury lawyers at Bailey & Greer do everything we can to put your mind at ease. We understand that it can be nerve wrecking to interview prospective lawyers and pick the one that will best suit your needs, but we are a firm which has been recommended countless times by satisfied clients to their friends and family. You can trust us to fight on your behalf and hold individuals and insurance companies accountable when their negligence caused your injuries.
Accomplished personal injury attorneys serving Little Rock families
The experienced personal injury attorneys at Bailey & Greer have earned a reputation for tenaciously protecting our clients who have been injured because of the negligence of another person. You are welcome to call and schedule a free consultation to discuss your case at 501-213-1512 or complete our contact form today.