Penile Injections

Helping Tennessee Families Affected by Priapism as a Result of Medical Negligence

Aggressive protection for men rendered impotent by defective penile injections

As men age their bodies undergo a series of hormonal changes that may not seem to reflect how they actually feel about themselves. One of those changes could result in erectile dysfunction, a perfectly normal (though admittedly sensitive) result. For other men, however, erectile dysfunction could be an effect of another, more serious condition. In those cases a doctor may prescribe a penile injection to help. But if the injection is prescribed for a man who does not truly need it, the consequences can be devastating.

At Bailey & Greer, PLLC we understand just how serious this act of medical malpractice can be. In some cases, penile injections can render a man permanently impotent. That is why we fight on behalf of clients and their families throughout Memphis, Jackson and West Tennessee who have suffered an irreparable loss because of medical malpractice. If your doctor prescribed you a penile injection to “fix” your ED and now you cannot perform, we are prepared to fight for you in court.

When are penile injections used?

Most men suffering some level of ED will take an oral medication like Viagra or Cialis. Others may avoid taking ED medication because the underlying cause can be addressed in some other way. But for the men whose erectile dysfunction cannot be cured with medication – for example, men who have undergone treatment for prostate cancer – then a doctor may prescribe penile injections: a needle of medication put directly into the shaft of the penis. The most common brands of penile injections include:

  • Caverject Impulse
  • Edex
  • Bi-mix
  • Tri-mix
  • Quad-mix

For men who truly cannot achieve an erection on their own, penile injections can be lifesavers. They are supposed to help a person with ED sustain an erection for up to one hour. When a doctor prescribes a penile injection without testing other medications first, however, that doctor puts the patient at risk of serious consequences.

The effects of medical negligence

Priapism is a condition that causes a man to maintain an erection for more than four (4) hours. When blood has pooled inside of the penis for that long, it can cause permanent damage to the blood vessels and tissues. This damage can make it impossible for a man to reach full arousal again even with the help of medication, a condition known as impotence.

When a doctor prescribes a penile injection to a man whose erectile dysfunction does not warrant this course of treatment, it can lead to excessively long erections. If left untreated, the priapism could cause permanent impotence. For some men, it may become necessary to treat the problem surgically by having a doctor install implants on the side of the penis which must be inflated in order for a man to have sexual intercourse.

Why Bailey & Greer is the right choice

At Bailey & Greer, we understand that you may be angry, frustrated and embarrassed by what has happened to you because of the negligent actions of a doctor. We promise our clients a safe and secure place to discuss their needs with attorneys who make them feel comfortable. We always treat our clients with respect, dignity and discretion. Our team includes an RN who is available to answer any complex medical questions you may have, and help us develop a legal strategy that is focused on your needs and goals. If you were harmed by a doctor in Memphis, Jackson or anywhere in West Tennessee, our defective drug litigation attorneys can help you take back control of your life.

Penile injections can have serious and permanent consequences

Bailey & Greer, PLLC, offers skilled representation on behalf of clients throughout Memphis, Jackson and West Tennessee who have suffered irreparable harm because of an act of medical negligence. If your doctor prescribed penile injections and you have been rendered permanent impotent because of it, we may be able to help. To schedule a free consultation, please call 901-680-9777 or fill out our contact form.